Tell Me How You REALLY Feel


Yesterday I pulled out the guitar and was singing to the kids. During this time, I always play a variety of chords and make up songs about them. Katelin wanted a turn, so she took the guitar, strummed and made up these songs about me, Kye, and KC.


I never knew what kind of therapy this would be for her! I guess we all know how she really feels about us. Luckily I was by the computer, so I wrote the words down as she sang...while laughing. As a disclaimer, I really am a happy person who smiles.


A SONG ABOUT DADDY


he makes us do chores all afternoon and night
he only likes to play a little bit
he doesn't like it when we talk all night
he's on the computer all Sunday
He talks about me and his kids
he holds me tight when he comes home
when I run outside to him
and this was a girl, she was four
she loved KC so much too and he got a new guitar
he played it so much, he loved it too much


A SONG ABOUT MOMMY


mommy sleeps everyday because the baby kicks all morning
she never goes to bed at night because the baby is kicking
KC wakes up to his mommy but I know that's all about mommy
and she never wakes up
she never does because she wants to sleep all day and night
she never puts a smile on her face.

A SONG ABOUT KC *(blanky, blamps, and blampy are pet names for KC's blanket)


Here's KC, he likes to suck his thumb with his blanky and his crumbs
he likes his pups and he cries all day when he's mad
KC sucks his thumb, takes a nap four times
he likes to suck his blamps
he wakes up when there's a kid-show on
he never sleeps without his blampy
he sucks his thumb with his blampies and never goes to sleep on the couch
he loves to see his daddy at work
he grabs his pillow from his bed
and he never stops sucking his thumb until it's past three
he's gonna stop sucking his thumb when he is five
and I don't like it, mommy doesn't either.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kelly, your kids are too funny! And for the record, even if you didn't smile right now I would not blame you, these last few weeks are brutal!
Anonymous said…
That is hillarious! I love you KT, I'll see you tomorrow!! :)
Meilani said…
So funny. I wish I could have heard her little voice singing the songs. BTW sorry for cutting off our chat the other day. I got pulled away by a diaper change or something and then totally spaced coming back to finish our visit. Love you guys!!!
Amie said…
Oh my heavens Kelly! These songs are absolutely hilarious! Isn't it funny how kids view things?! I know you smile a lot, when I picture Kelly, I see a gal with a constant smile on her face! Katelin is just going to crack up when she reads these songs in a couple of years. She did an awesome job!
Rochelle said…
Too cute. They come up with the funniest stuff.
andreamatrix said…
That is so cool! I never think to write down those moments. When is that baby going to come???
pam said…
Hahahaha!! That is hilarious!!! I love it!!! Thanks for posting it. I'm so glad you wrote it down. Those songs are way too good to forget later, you know?! And Kelly, we all know how perfect of a Mom you are, so no worries about the smile thing!
Mindy Dahmer said…
That was so funny! That is one to go down in the record books.:) Thanks for sharing!
Buffy Dayton said…
Hillarious! The one about mommy made me remember how things were when I was pregnant! That is exactly how it is! SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP!!!
Jill Bowcutt said…
I can't stop laughing...that is seriously so dang funny! What's up with you Kel? Get out of bed for heaven's sake! And tell Kye to ease up on the chores. I mean heck, what kind of a dad makes his kids do chores all day long? So, so, funny. Kaitlin's a stud.
Anonymous said…
How funny! I think there was a gliche in the system for making pregnant people SO tired...especially when they have other kids to deal with all day.
The Jones Fam said…
That's probably the funniest thing I have read in a long time! How cute! I actually woke Jared up with my laughing while I read this. Who knows, maybe she'll become a songwriter in the future!
Rachel said…
You are such a fun mommy to do that with your kids! I am glad that you got thru preschool, and I am sure that the kids will miss you so much. HOw are you doing? Is that baby wanting to still come?
What a fun activity...super mom!! She cracks me up...kids are so honest, they don't even know any of that is bad sounding!! I love it! 36 weeks...yeah!! Are you off bedrest now?! Let's get that SUPER K here safely!!
Too cute! I love it when kids learn to express themselves!
Keysha said…
What a creative gal. (I can seriously hear her singing it...with her cute little KT Bug voice!) Tell Kye to take a break with the chores...let the kids lose! (ha.) I'm afraid what she'd say about us Pecks! (It seems that her songs don't bring out the best in people!) Kiss that little gal for me...I'm sad I'm gonna miss her b-day.
Kristen said…
Oh my gosh, You have to print you blog and save that forever. What the stinkin cutest imagination (or the truth) Poor mommy, she just wants to sleep all day and night, because. Nobody will ever understand until they are pregnant (or terminally ill)
Kaydee said…
She really is pretty good and very insightful!!! She is creative just like her mom. I also love the pics of the last day of preschool. I bet your kids were sad not to see their wonderful preschool teacher any more. Hope all is well 24 days left. PS Is Kanyon the offical name?
That's funny stuff! She is very observant... you better be careful. Like others mentioned... I don't blame you for not smiling these last agonizing days before Kanyon is born... it's a rough road that last month it is!
this one goes down in the books as funniest kid songs ever! I am laughing my guts out. I love the bits and pieces they pick up on. and i am SO glad you got it in writing!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!