4-11-2008
What an eventful day! Here we go...
BEFORE I being, I need to explain something. When I went to the Dr. on Thursday I was 37 weeks. She told me that 37 weeks is full term. The baby had also dropped. Stripping the membranes isn't inducing because the baby won't come if it is not ready. Also, she was expecting me to go into labor anytime, so it just made it convenient to have him come when Kye had work off and could be home.
My contractions started to be painful around 7:00 am. Everyone was up. Katelin was laying by me on my bed being my nurse and holding my hand. So sweet. Kye was loading the car. Around 8:00 we had dropped the kids off at Crystals (LOVE you Crystal) and headed for the hospital. The longest ten miles of my life.
I thought we were going to have a baby in the car. The contractions started coming every five minutes and lasting two minutes. Now you would think ten miles is quick, but not on the I-10 that is under construction during traffic! Kye tried to pull over the first time I started crying out in pain. I told him not to talk to me and keep driving.
We get to the hospital around 8:30 am. I get out of the van and my body starts going into shock and I start shaking everywhere. I make Kye carry me into the hospital.
I get into the OB triage, and there are three other pregnant women there who think they are in labor. I look at the receptionist and tell her I am going to have a baby "right now!". She wasn't in any hurry to help me. The other smiling, pregnant women suddenly weren't smiling. Then I yell out, "I am going to throw up RIGHT NOW!" everyone is staring at me, and the receptionist goes and grabs me a pan. Then the receptionist says, "next" and looks at one of the women sitting peacefully. Meanwhile Kye is still holding my pan that I puked in, and I am starting to cry out in pain again. The woman who was 'next' thankfully let me go before her.
Finally I get back into a room where they can "see" what is going on. I am a 6 and 100% effaced. By now I have asked several times for the epidural. Now the contractions are every four minutes and I think I am going to die. Seriously. I also think I am going to have a baby every time I have a contraction. "Where is the anaesthesiologist?!"
Finally the anaesthesiologist comes and 15 minutes later I tell him I am in love with him. He gives Kye an apologetic look, smiles at me, and leaves. Now I am dialated to a 9. The Dr. starts setting things up. I am delivering in the triage in a corner room. Baby is coming too fast, and they don't have anywhere else for me to go. I didn't care. Let's do this!
Everything happened so fast. The next thing I know the Dr. tells me not to push because no one from the nursury is there to help with the newborn. She comes, I push, here is Kanyon at 11:36am!
Is was a really neat experience. It was just Kye, me, the nurse, and Dr. Johnson. It was the fastest, easiest, delivery I have had. I have to say, I really like having six pound babies. Makes things a little easier on everyone.
Now about the pictures. The first two are before we left for the hospital, before I was in horrible pain. The rest are at the hospital. And for those of you who read this whole thing, thanks for listening to my story!
Thank you for The Nordfelt's and my mom for coming and taking care of Katelin and KC and seeing their new grandchild. We love all the support we get from our families. We are very lucky.

BEFORE I being, I need to explain something. When I went to the Dr. on Thursday I was 37 weeks. She told me that 37 weeks is full term. The baby had also dropped. Stripping the membranes isn't inducing because the baby won't come if it is not ready. Also, she was expecting me to go into labor anytime, so it just made it convenient to have him come when Kye had work off and could be home.
My contractions started to be painful around 7:00 am. Everyone was up. Katelin was laying by me on my bed being my nurse and holding my hand. So sweet. Kye was loading the car. Around 8:00 we had dropped the kids off at Crystals (LOVE you Crystal) and headed for the hospital. The longest ten miles of my life.
I thought we were going to have a baby in the car. The contractions started coming every five minutes and lasting two minutes. Now you would think ten miles is quick, but not on the I-10 that is under construction during traffic! Kye tried to pull over the first time I started crying out in pain. I told him not to talk to me and keep driving.
We get to the hospital around 8:30 am. I get out of the van and my body starts going into shock and I start shaking everywhere. I make Kye carry me into the hospital.
I get into the OB triage, and there are three other pregnant women there who think they are in labor. I look at the receptionist and tell her I am going to have a baby "right now!". She wasn't in any hurry to help me. The other smiling, pregnant women suddenly weren't smiling. Then I yell out, "I am going to throw up RIGHT NOW!" everyone is staring at me, and the receptionist goes and grabs me a pan. Then the receptionist says, "next" and looks at one of the women sitting peacefully. Meanwhile Kye is still holding my pan that I puked in, and I am starting to cry out in pain again. The woman who was 'next' thankfully let me go before her.
Finally I get back into a room where they can "see" what is going on. I am a 6 and 100% effaced. By now I have asked several times for the epidural. Now the contractions are every four minutes and I think I am going to die. Seriously. I also think I am going to have a baby every time I have a contraction. "Where is the anaesthesiologist?!"
Finally the anaesthesiologist comes and 15 minutes later I tell him I am in love with him. He gives Kye an apologetic look, smiles at me, and leaves. Now I am dialated to a 9. The Dr. starts setting things up. I am delivering in the triage in a corner room. Baby is coming too fast, and they don't have anywhere else for me to go. I didn't care. Let's do this!
Everything happened so fast. The next thing I know the Dr. tells me not to push because no one from the nursury is there to help with the newborn. She comes, I push, here is Kanyon at 11:36am!
Is was a really neat experience. It was just Kye, me, the nurse, and Dr. Johnson. It was the fastest, easiest, delivery I have had. I have to say, I really like having six pound babies. Makes things a little easier on everyone.
Now about the pictures. The first two are before we left for the hospital, before I was in horrible pain. The rest are at the hospital. And for those of you who read this whole thing, thanks for listening to my story!
Thank you for The Nordfelt's and my mom for coming and taking care of Katelin and KC and seeing their new grandchild. We love all the support we get from our families. We are very lucky.

Comments
Love you
~Klorissa
Love,
Tennisa & Lantz
PS-I met your friend Tasha Peacock at the Scrapbook Expo. Small world! :)