No UP. I'm sleeping in today.

So I have been thinking lately about my sleeping habits. I sleep in. I take a nap. I try to go to bed at a decent hour, but sometimes I can't. However, it is not because I've napped. I've tried not taking a nap, then I turn into Mean Mama, and I still can't go to sleep at night.

Then today, I was reading "Great Day for Up" by Dr. Seuss to the preschool kids. Should I feel bad for sleeping in? Should I feel bad that I pop in a movie for the kids so I can nap? Should I feel bad that I don't want to be UP sometimes?

Am I justified? Is this OK? Will I get to sleep when baby #3 comes?

Thinking about all this makes me tired...

Comments

Rochelle said…
I thought I was the only one that felt that way with baby number 3. Just taking care of the other two left me drained...I wondered how I would manage with number three. It all works out in the end though..its just a pregnancy thing. Of course then the baby comes and things are different, but still, I always sleep better with the baby OUT of me than IN me. Good luck and get as much rest as you can.
Anonymous said…
Kelly, you sleep every second you can until that baby comes, because you don't know how much sleep you are going to get afterwards. You are doing the right thing! Pregnant women needs LOTS of rest. I cannot imagine what I am going to feel like with the next one, as right now I already feel like death because I am so tired all the time! Good luck.
Amie said…
We need to sleep Kelly! STOCK UP on that sleep now! I'm slowing down myself... :) But, I am so excited for that time that Rochelle talks about when we actually lay down at night and SLEEP, even if it is only two or three hour increments at a time! Our baby boys will be here before we know it!
:) said…
Sleep, what is that again? I think that your kids are so cute! Can't wait to see what this next one will look like. Sleep when you can. Nat
Someone once told me that the VCR is a gift from God. I think that is true when it comes to being prego and needing a nap. And I know that feeling...you REALLY need it! You know your kids love to watch movies, your baby needs to grow, and your body needs to recharge. It is so so necessary. I am sorry you are not sleeping at night very well! Hope you find something that works. And I hope your baby 3 is a good sleeper! Mine is AWESOME.
The Jones Fam said…
I think this is perfectly normal for any mom. When I was pregnant with Jett, I took a nap every day the same time Jaylee did. I don't know what I'll do next time if my kids aren't taking naps. I'll probably have to put a movie on too! I love, love, love, my sleep. If I didn't love Jett so much, I'd probably complain a little more about losing it.
Buffy Dayton said…
oh my word Kelly, you are so funny! When Jack was taking a nap I would put Kylee in front of the tv and say don't talk to mommy for a while, I need to rest, and I would go to sleep! I couldn't survive without that. I would feel a little bit bad about it, cause I thought I needed to be spending time with her, but Joe says I needed that "nap time" it is hard incubating.
mph said…
Kelly - We all snooze on the couch while our kids are watching a movie when they are older. Enjoy it while you can! Get rested up before you are up all night with a baby!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!