Destination: Hospital
Needless to say I am here at the hospital, the baby wants to come, and it hasn't been without it's adventures.
Here are some:
- There is no shame here at the hospital when you are a woman heavy with child.
- The man who was pushing me in the wheelchair finding out that I was from UT and asking me if it is true that you cannot buy any caffeinated items anywhere in UT. (Yeah right, my family lives there :) Love you guys)
- Receiving penicillin through the IV every 4 hours. Feels like glass in your arms.
- Steroid shots in the behind for the babies lungs to develop.
- Meeting the coolest Dr. who asked about my t-shirt quilt (a quilt I had on me that I made with all my t-shirts from high school and college activities), found out the Price is Right and was fascinated with the fact I won a car and was asking all about it. He almost forgot to tell me what he came in for. ( I love having non-doctor conversations with doctors. It makes them more real to me.)
- Seeing my children in the hospital.
- Hearing KC run down the hall yelling, "Did mommy get a shot?" He then runs in room and with big, concentrated eyes asks me, "Mom is the baby here?" No KC, he is not. "Well, is that nurse a nice nurse or a mean nurse?" Pointing to the nurse standing beside me. Then he climbed up on the bed and before I knew it he was pulling on the IV asking if it hurt and folding us in half with the buttons. Cute.
- Katelin cried after they left Tuesday night because she wanted mama. On Wednesday Kye dropped KC off at a friends house and brought Katiebug over. She sat by me on the bed, we watched kids shows, colored, read books, and ate lunch. She played nurse by refilling my water, tickling my arm, pushing my IV pole when I stood up and opening the bathroom door for me. She didn't whine or complain one time in the four hours she was there. It was a highlight for me.
- KYE! What a man. Taking off work, missing his big Woodbadge Boyscout Training camp this weekend and playing MR. Mom. He also came at night to watch IDOL with me.
- Getting two Ambien to help me sleep only to have them keep me awake AND nauseated. I got two hours of sleep on Tuesday night.
- When the Dr. told me I didn't have to have the penicillin anymore! I wanted to kiss him.
- All the phone calls and out pouring of help from the ward family. Friends willing to babysit and bring meals. I didn't realize how many people really do care. Thank you :)
- Finally getting the internet to work on this laptop!!
I could go on and on. I find out in a few hours if I am here for another couple of days. I talk to my Doctor in a couple of hours to see what is next. I will most likely be on bed rest for the next three weeks to keep this kid in me for that much longer. I am anxious to meet him, but he would have a lot of problems if he were born now.
It's been interesting, but I haven't felt bad for myself. This is so little compared to what others go through. I am glad that I only am down for three weeks. We already have helped lined up for them. We have friends taking them Friday and Monday so Kye can work. My father-in-law will be here on Tuesday at noon for 6 days. Gay, my mother-in-law, will be joining him on Thursday. My mom is going to fly in the following Wednesday with a one way ticket.
I feel very blessed. The Lord watches out for us and everything works out. Just pray that the baby doesn't come for at least three more weeks!
Comments
I had hospital bedrest for all 3kids and its miserable. (I do love wheel of fortune now though). I'm calling your hubby to make sure he knows he can drop the kids by ANYTIME! Seriously, give me a call...I know how hard it is when all family is in Utah and your stuck in the hospital PRAYING 4 U.
Lots of wishes! And enjoy the rest before the 3rd one really tires you out (wouldn't know from first hand, but i can only imagine)!
You know I would do anything for you right??? I am sad I missed the boat on all of this drama. I hope that you are getting lots of rest. I will call you tomorrow. Sending you lots of love from Hawaii!!!
Meilani