A Tender Mercy

Without going into detail, today was a no good very bad day. (I guess I will say it started @ 3:00 AM when Katelin peed all over everything on our bed.)

Around 5 O'clock I was concocting something on the stove for dinner and Katelin was making one of her many, daily crafts.

She walked up to me, handed me this bracelet and said, "Mommy, I made this for you to thank you for making me a delicious dinner every night. I love you so much." I leaned down and gave her a big hug. She patted me on the back like her daddy does. I cried.

Thank you Heavenly Father for reminding me that I do make a difference, especially on days when I feel like I don't.






Comments

Lacey said…
How sweet! I know what you mean. Children are so amazing at helping us remember what's important. Miss You!
Becca said…
Beautiful bracelet! As you already know, motherhood is wonderful. I couldn't think of anything better. Cheers in sunny AZ!
Hi Kelly, this is Leesha's sister Nikki. I read your comment on Leesha's blog about the nervousness of having a third. I had heard from EVERYONE how hard the 3rd one is. I just had my third 5 months ago, and it has been as easy as having a 3rd child can be. The second one was much harder for me. You'll do great, and thanks for sharing that sweet story about your daughter.
KEYSHA said…
Ohhh....what a little sweety. She is so thoughtful. (I would've totally cried too)!
The Jones Fam said…
How sweet! Isn't it amazing how our kids can teach us the biggest lessons?
That post just brought tears to my eyes! I cannot wait until my kids are old enough for moments like that. Although Keat gives such great cuddles already!! And that is a BEAUTIFUL bracelet!
janet said…
That bracelet is so darling. What a keeper.

random that my 4 year old peed OUR bed too just last week. His first accident ever just happened to be in our bed. So I feel for you!
Jill Bowcutt said…
Seriously? This is so sweet. It made me cry just reading it. Thanks for sharing. I need to pay more attention to stuff like this in my life too.
this is close to being your best post, yet. I loved hearing this sweet little story. I love you, Kell!
Kristen said…
That makes me even more scared to potty train... I need to get around to it sometime. That little cutie totally redeemed herself though. Good thing there are times like that to make up for the times that aren't so good. If I didn't have some good to break up the bad, I would no doubt be qualified to live in the looney bin.
That is such a sweet story... thanks for the reminder of how precious and innocent our children are. Last night I had one of those moments, when I peeked in on my little Daxton and he was sleeping in bed with his little action pirate figures he'd been sword fighting with when I sent him to bed- all tucked in under the covers on the pillow next to him. God does bless us with these moments to remind us how much our nurturing is needed in the home. Beautiful bracelet BTW.
Mindy Dahmer said…
Thanks for sharing that, Kelly. Our children can truly be our greatest treasures. Thanks for the reminder. Miss you guys.
Meilani said…
What a sweet story. I love you and miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

Easter Bunny Poll