Kelly + Sara + NYC = Way Too Much Fun!


Could anything have been more fun than going to New York City last weekend? Probably not. I had so much fun it was almost unbearable. In fact, during the Broadway show Mary Poppins, I just had to close my eyes for a minute and try not to explode because I had SO much stimulation and no sleep, I couldn't handle it anymore. Don't worry people, I was revived and made it through the whirlwind weekend.


Day One:


  • Talk to Donny and Marie Osmond at the airport in NYC. Donny and I shared a flight. He is dreamy.

  • I arrive and my friend Sara tells me that I need to buy new clothes and she is going to pick them out. (Apparently my clothes are out of style.) We did some serious damage to H&M. It's my new favorite store.

  • Tried to win tickets for In The Heights through the Broadway Lottery. Didn't win.

  • Ate dinner @ The Eatery. Yum. (P.S. I didn't any food from a chain restaurant and tried new things. My in-laws will be proud.)

  • Went to the Empire State Building at night. Breathtaking.

  • Got a Pinkberry (Anyone had one?)

  • Walked around Times Square

Day Two:



  • Ate brunch @ Popover's Cafe. So delicious!

  • Went to Broadway in Bryant Park- a free sample of several different shows.

  • Times Square shopping. Got a makeover and did some damage in Sephora.

  • Bus tour to Downtown. Shopped in SoHo and China Town. I got a sweet fake leather purse. It started raining so hard, it was awesome. Pulled out the plastic white poncho.

  • Got separated from Sara on the Subway. We got on, she thought it was the wrong train, so I jumped off and she didn't because the door shut. I didn't have my cell phone. She mouthed the words "Don't Move!" You better believe it didn't!!

  • Attempted to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, but it was raining so hard it was ridiculous. We took the subway underneath and ate at the delicious pizzeria, Grimaldi's.

  • Saw the Manhattan view from Brooklyn at night. Beautiful. It was still raining.

Day Three:



  • Grand Central Station

  • Met up with my friend Anthony Meyer who took a train from D.C. to see me. What a great friend.

  • Went to the Fairway and got some famous NY cheesecake and red velvet cupcake.

  • Ate a famous side vendor hot dog

  • Saw the Broadway show Mary Poppins. It was SO good. Highly recommend to all.

  • Walked around Hell's Kitchen and then ate at a crazy Ethiopian Restaurant. Hey, Elijah Wood ate there, so why can't I?

  • Headed back to Sara's apartment for a going away singles party for her roommate Anne Marie. Loved the singles party...just kidding I didn't. But it was pretty funny when I would tell a guy who started talking to me that I was married and had three kids. Apparently the wedding ring wasn't a give-away.

Day Four:



  • Central Park. It was so beautiful and nice to have a more "relaxing" day than the other three. We took a pedicab tour. I pretended to be Amy Adams and sang around the Bethesda Fountain.

  • Toured the Time Warner building

  • Back to Central park to walk through "The Mall"

  • The Metropolitan Museum

  • Church, in a singles ward. I am so glad I am married. Sacrament meeting was way too quiet.

  • Flew home.



Here are some videos. The first one is us by the Brooklyn Bridge. I was a big talker. We didn't end up walking over the bridge because it was pouring and I had several shopping bags under that poncho.


The other video is of us down in the Subway. I loved the Subway. I think I rode it twenty times...a day. (As a side note, I think anyone who lives in Manhattan is in great shape. We walked and ran everywhere, all day long.)


Comments

Kristen said…
You freaking lucky girl!!! You should have picked up smoking while you were there... i heard it relaxes the nerves :)
Mandy said…
Dude, the SUBWAY ROCKS!! Next time I go I'll have to have Sara take me on a personal tour of local eateries. I was chicken and stayed main-stream. Did you see many broken umbrellas from all the up-wind through the buildings? I thought it was only on the movies, but there are tons! No wonder every corner sells umbrellas. Hey- did you ever buy any roasted almonds? Sorry this is a long comment, I should just call you tomorrow. Love ya!
Mandy said…
PS: Super cute purse, and SO cute that Anthony came to see you. You need to post way more pictures. Put them on a slide show like my DC pics. (go check it out and do one. NOW)
Elise and Dan said…
Wow! That looks like such a super fun trip! I NEED one of those! I've always wanted to see NYC. I'm glad that you were able to have such a great trip!
Rochelle said…
Glad you had a good time. I hope it gave you the downtime you needed.
The Jones Fam said…
I'm so jealous, it looks like so much fun! I love the giraffe print bag in your pictures, I totally want it! Next time you guys come here we'll have to go shopping at H&M! How did Kye and the kids do without you?
Michelle said…
Looks like soooo much fun!!!
Keysha said…
How awesome! It sounds like you had an adventurous trip! Sara is the hostess with the mostess. (Love the purse. Very spunky!) I'm so excited that you had such a wonderful time and everything went well. (I'm chuckling at the subway story!)

I told you H&M was the best. Now when you go to Vegas you're gonna want to go there for old times sakes. (I swear it's not the same as the H&M in New York..)

I can't wait to hear more about it. I've tried calling you, but I suppose you are getting readjusted to being a mother/wife!
Buffy Dayton said…
that sounds like WAY too much fun! I mean, meeting Donnie and Marie? You are practically famous now! shopping is always fun, but just be away for a while!! NOT FAIR! PS, how do you do those collages with your pictures?
Anonymous said…
I am so happy you got to go on that trip. What a good break for you! You look so beautiful as always! And how freaking fun to talk to Donny and Marie. I love them!
Anonymous said…
Oh ya....and I could not believe that was Anthony in that picture. He is so cute!
Lacey said…
I was thinking of you when I got to the airport on Thursday. I'm so glad that you trip was perfect! You deserve it!
Rick and Summer said…
You lucky duck! I'm so happy you had a great time. Now I'm excited to go to NYC someday. And meeting Donny and Marie? Who would've thought? They say he's pretty smashing in "Joseph". :) Glad you had fun....
mph said…
Oh my gosh what a fun trip!!! Did you seriously meet Donny and Marie!!!???? You are the luckiest person I know! The Price is Right and meeting celebrities!
Kelly said…
I am so jealous! I love N.Y.C.! H&M is also my favorite store ever! Glad you had so much fun.
Amie said…
Yea for Kelly having a grand time...refreshing and taking care of JUST herself! You deserved every minute of it. Glad you had a blast and came home safe! Keep doing things like this (well, on a smaller scale) :) to avoid the "mom burnout" that we all get!
What a blast! I can't even imagine what it would've have been like... I too would've had to have a moment to just close my eyes.Oh, and to get to experience a singles moment, and be so grateful you are not at that point in life. What a good husband have as well! Glad you had a good time. Someday when I go to NY, I will ask you what is a must. PS. Is a pinkberry what you get when your room mate gives you a tittytwister?
Mallory Miller said…
Hooray! I'm so happy for you that you got to go and loved it! I too love NY> The first time I went to and H&M I spent way too much money love it! Anyway Welcome home!
karlin said…
I'm so jealous. I've never been to NY. Looks like a blast. You deserve it.
Meilani said…
Looks like you had a good time. I am glad you got to do something so fun. Good job Kye for sending you. =)Katelyn also looks so cute on her first day of school. I am excited for her. She is going to be such a good little student.
chelsea mckell said…
I dont know if this is weird to say.... but can I just tell you... you are so pretty!
val said…
How fun Kelly! Looks like you packed your days in NY full of fun. Good for you.
RaeLynn said…
A couple things:
1. You look amazing. So gorgeous.
2. I am SO JEALOUS
3. You are convincing me that I MUST go to New York City. Pronto.

Seriously Kelly--that looks like so much fun and you are so cute. I'm glad you had a good time!!
Becca said…
Wow! What fun! I've only been there once for a 14 hour lay over. We didn't see much, because we fell asleep in Central Park...

BTW - you look great!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!