Tuesday in D.C.

We haven't wasted anytime so far in D.C.

Kye is here for a CADCA conference (google it) and is learning new things to help with his coalition to fight prescription drug/alcohol abuse in Utah county. All the people at the conference, from around america, met with their congressmen on Capital Hill today. We met with Jim Matheson and Jason Chaffetz. We (I say "we" but I really mean the UT county group) talked to them about not cutting prevention dollars. There were a group of high school kids that were really passionate about it. Several of them were motivated from family members abusing substances and they shared their stories with Jim. I was so impressed with them.

Utah is not the only place with a drug problem. It is everywhere. We need to do something about it.

Afterward we went and walked through the Supreme Court Building, the Library of Congress, and a couple of the Senate Buildings. All were very impressive.

We are looking forward to going to many museums tomorrow. I am most looking forward to being on the Lincoln Memorial Thursday, which is Abraham Lincoln's birthday.

The President is a celebrity here! There are banners, keychains, t-shirts, beanies, scarfs, pencils, you name it... and his name is all over it. It's quite exciting! I feel change in the air. It's powering to be here. Everyone can make a difference. Just let your voice be heard and act.







Comments

Mandy said…
Looks like you're having a good time! Keep us posted on everything! It's fun to hear about the places you are seeing.
Buffy Dayton said…
I loved DC!!! There are so many historic and cool things! We've missed ya.
Rochelle said…
yeah! congrats on getting away with your hubby!
Anonymous said…
Wow. I am so glad that Kelly gets to do things with you. MOM N

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!