Katelin's Tooth

In September Katelin had two cavities filled. These past couple of weeks she has been telling me that her tooth really hurts. I told her it was fine and that it was just what happens when you get a filling. Well, yesterday and the day before she was crying a lot because of her tooth. So I finally took her in. The X-ray showed that her filling was touching the nerve. So to make a long story short, she had a pulpotomy and crown done yesterday early evening. She woke up this morning and looked like she had her wisdom teeth taken out.
Luckily, our dentist is a good friend of our cousin. So I called my cousin bright and early this morning to get his cell number because something was obviously wrong. I got a hold of him and luckily, again, he was working today in an office twenty miles away. I drove up there and it was decided that he needed to pull the tooth. The infection had gone down all the way into the end of the root.
He really had to yank that thing out. It was the biggest baby tooth he has ever had pulled out-the roots were huge! Katelin screamed a lot and I felt so bad.

Anyway, here are some pictures she let me take. She wasn't very happy.

Comments

Mandy said…
OWWYYY!!! That's what I looked like after MY wisdom teeth got pulled. I am so sorry. Give her a big squeeze from me!! (and a piece of white bread.)
Rochelle said…
Poor kid! She's such a trooper.
Heidi said…
OUCH! Poor KT-bug. Tell her I'm sorry and I love her.
Anonymous said…
OH....MY....GOSH!!!! That poor baby! Didn't the dentist give her the laughing gas when he pulled it? Addison had 2 teeth pulled in the summer and she was laughing the whole time. I am so sorry for your KT...she still looks beautiful even when she is grumpy and in pain. I hope she feels better very soon. Dentists are LAME!
Heidi and Jace said…
Poor Girl! That can't be fun. Cute halloween pictures. I can't believe your baby is 6 months old! It goes so fast!
Kristen said…
Poor baby! I never seen such a thing... you give her whatever she wants for the next week!
Brianne & Jarod said…
Ouch! What a hard thing for such a young one to have to go through...(I had 13 cavities as a kid...and DESPISE going to the dentist to this day because of that) HOPE she is feeling better
Keysha said…
Oh man! That poor little thing....she's such a super sport to be able to endure something so terrible. I would've been screaming my eyes out! Give her a big kiss from me until I see her on the morrow!
Smelsha said…
Aww, the poor little girl. I hope she's doing better!
Elise and Dan said…
OOhh ouch! What a traumatic event for a 5 year old. I hope she isn't scared of the dentist for the rest of her life. I would have been!
karlin said…
Oh my goodness. poor girl. I had a similar experience. I got a bad infection and my face was swollen like that for a week. It seriously put me out of work and in bed for a week. no fun. it was traumatic.
janet said…
oh my goodness! what a thing to have to do at her age! I am sure she's a tough girl!
Amie said…
Ohhhhhh, poor Katelin! She's a warrior! And the fact that she let you take a picture of her...I think she deserves a prize for that! :)
The Jones Fam said…
That is so sad! It look like it really hurts! I don't think 5 year olds should have to go through that, or moms of 5 year olds!
How sad is that! Looks painful! And ouch on the pocketbook! That stinks... hope she gets feeling better.
Jill Bowcutt said…
You threw me off for a sec by calling me your cousin. I still forget sometimes :) I'm so glad Dr. Brad could help. He's such a nice guy and I hope Katelin's feeling better.
Mindy Dahmer said…
Ouch!! Poor thing. She deserves a nice big ice cream shake!:)

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

Easter Bunny Poll