Great News for my Sweet KC
I have avoided posting anything about KC this past week. He was in a lot of pain. He was limping and crawling around because his left leg was hurting so bad. We had some X-rays done and they found a lesion on his left femur. (lesion is anything that is not anatomically supposed to be there.) The Dr. didn't rule out the possibility of bone cancer. The pain got worse and then his Pediatrician thought it was a bone infection. After going to the lab and having blood drawn from both arms it wasn't that either. We were referred to a Orthopedist who specializes in bone cancer. All weekend long I had this sick feeling in my gut. "What if my kid has cancer?"
We met with the Orthopedist at Primary Children's today and KC does not have bone cancer. The pain isn't related to the lesion on his femur. He said that one out of three kids have lesions. They took X-rays of his pelvis and hips and found nothing wrong. So for the next six months, we need to keep a journal and record every limp and pain to try to find a pattern of what is going on. We will meet with the Orthopedist six months from now and then he will decide if we need to do a complete bone scan to further access what is causing this sweet little boy to have pain. This is such a blessing!
All I can say is I feel a lot better now then I did before the appointment today! It's interesting how your perspective on things change when you find out that your kid might have cancer. Life is good people. Life is good.

We met with the Orthopedist at Primary Children's today and KC does not have bone cancer. The pain isn't related to the lesion on his femur. He said that one out of three kids have lesions. They took X-rays of his pelvis and hips and found nothing wrong. So for the next six months, we need to keep a journal and record every limp and pain to try to find a pattern of what is going on. We will meet with the Orthopedist six months from now and then he will decide if we need to do a complete bone scan to further access what is causing this sweet little boy to have pain. This is such a blessing!
All I can say is I feel a lot better now then I did before the appointment today! It's interesting how your perspective on things change when you find out that your kid might have cancer. Life is good people. Life is good.

Comments
love you.
Love ya.