The Best Present Ever!

Anyone who knows me well will tell you how much I love fall. I love to drive up in the mountains, take pictures of the leaves, play in the leaves, and oh the smell! I love it!
Being in Arizona this fall was quite depressing! I missed every thing about Utah fall. It was really hard to be away from Utah and try to enjoy the Saguaros and scorpions that the AZ mountains offer.
Last night I looked on my porch and the mail man dropped off a package from my family.
When I opened it, I cried. It was the nicest thing anyone could have sent me.
So thank you Mom, Dad, Mandy, Jason and Brendan!
We woke up, and the kids played in them. Then I decided to share the leaves with the preschool kids today. They thought it was the coolest thing ever! Some of the kids didn't know what to think because they hadn't played in them before! (Utah, we will be coming home...I just don't know when.)






Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad that you loved it! Looks like the kids had a great time. Utah misses you too! (okay, maybe not the state, but the people in it!)
Anonymous said…
I've been thinking about you and the leaves. I've been wanting to take pictures for you up in the mountains. Love you
Amanda said…
That is a great present! You're kids look like they loved playing in them. Do you guys get to visit utah much?
That is so cool Kelly. We miss you too! I also LOVED seeing your Price is Right video. That was a lot of fun. I always wanted to be on that show. Have a great day!

Michelle :0)

PS - As I am raking my leaves up, I'll think of you.
Oh! That is one of the most thoughtful things I've seen in a long time. You are so loved, Kel! That is awesome.
Kate Rosenvall said…
OK, that is the sweetest thing. It's true that you really appreciate things when you don't have them. I am sad that Fall is slowly coming to an end...but am enjoying every bit of it while I can. It looks like the kids enjoyed playing in the leaves.
Lacey said…
I remember when we lived together you would always drive up the canyon in the fall. That's awesome....it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling!
Tricia said…
You make me think about appreciating fall more, even though the leaves are one of my most favorite things in the world as well.

And the Price is Right video was so funny/great!

Tell Kye hello, and I hope he's enjoying his job more than he was 3 months ago.

Tricia
Dana Marchant said…
Hi to the Nordfelt's! It's Dana Marchant. How are ya? I LOVE these pics of the kids in the leaves. That is one of the best and most thoughtful packages ever. Nice to know you enjoy the simple things like fall leaves! We are in the blogging world too: www.themarchantadventures.blogspot.com.
Great to see cute pics of your kids!
That was so thoughtful... I thought of you when I was viewing the beautiful Cedar Mountains, and their changing leaves. Funny how somethings will remind you of people. I guess we take some things for granted. Fall is my favorite season too... and this weather is just now starting to crisp up... its been sad.
janet said…
How thoughtful of your family! That is so sweet. Looks like you all had a blast!
Tami and Kaleo said…
Dont you love family. Hey we did it we are published. Come look, don't laugh I am still learning how do this but funny enough Terri is obessed and gets on my page and helps. I love you. Hey your amazing kelly keep it up. How are you feeling being pregant. Love Tami
H-less said…
that really is the best present. I too love leaves! In fact I've given then as a gift before too. Wish I could've shared that moment with you. What a thoughtful family. Love your hair, again.
That was such a thoughful gift!! And what fun everyone looks as though they are having! I love it!! I hope you don't mind me "finding" your blog!! Your family is too cute!
Keri Hennefer said…
Kelly! I found your blog through Keysha and Jill's blog. Your family told me about the leaves last week when we were up there, that's so much fun. Hey we are coming to Phoenix next week, and I wondered if you had any ideas of what to do while we are there?? Jordan has training for 2 weeks, and I will have my 2 kids! Any suggestions would be great! Cute kids!
Rachel said…
What a SWEET family to send you such a great gift. I love the smell of fall leaves!! You look so cute with bangs, I love them. And I could not get over your price is right eperience. I was laughing so hard you are hilarious. I hope you are doing great, we miss you guys! Luke misses his friends at preschool!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!