I Am Spoiled.

Last weekend I went to the best concert EVER! GARTH BROOKS! My mother-in-law got hooked up with 5th row seats in the small theatre at the Encore in Vegas. Before we got there, Kirtly and Gay took us to the Wynn buffet where we stuffed ourselves with fancy food. I even had crab legs. The buffalo pasta was avoided, however.

When Garth came on stage, my sister-in-law Keysha and myself started laughing because he looked straight off the farm in his wal-mart jeans, boots, ball cap, and plan blue hooded sweatshirt. He made me feel like I was his friend. All that was on stage with him was a backless stool and a water bottle. Half the songs he sang weren't his own. He told the story of what music influenced his own style during the 60's and 70's. Then he would play those songs. I wish he would record all those James Taylor and Simon & Garfunkel songs because he sang them better!

Trisha Yearwood came on in the middle of it and they sang their duet. She also sang "She's in love with the boy" and I went crazy! This was a song my sisters and I all sang together and made actions for. (Mandy and Heidi: I had a hard time not flexing my muscles whenever I heard "boy".)

The weekend was so warm! I didn't want to come home. When we weren't at a park or out doing something, you could find me reading, "Catching Fire". It's the 2nd book in the "Hunger Games" series. Really good.

Thank you Mom and Dad Nordfelt for an awesome evening out with GB and family. You always spoil us!




Comments

KEYSHA said…
You are his friend, in "low places"! Ha!! Aren't I funny. I wish we could've gotten out picture taken with "Wahoo" girl (obnoxious!) I am taking on the Garth Brook's style myself; it's jeans and sweatshirts from here on out! Loved having you there by me; wouldn't have been the same without ya!

p.s. those pictures are terrible; I demand you remove me and my yellow-looking teeth and crows feet immediately!!!!!
OH girl that looks SO fun. What fun in-laws you have! You look like a babe- I like the no bangs look. OH, it looks so warm there! It makes me want summer so bad!
The Jones Fam said…
I look at your blog too, (going back a few posts) just maybe not as often as others :) Sounds like a fun concert! Too bad all the beautiful weather is gone now and I am back to wearing a hoodie today :(
Meilani said…
Kelly!! I just finished both the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I loved them and I am making Joel read them. He is in the middle of Catching Fire. I am glad that you are liking them, too. Looks like you had lots of fun at the concert. That warm weather is sounding sooo good right now. I have spring fever. Love you lots.

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!