An Early Death

I am planning on dying early as I was a frequent visitor to the tanning salon in my teens.

A new study has come out and said the following: (you can check out the article from MSNBC here)

"International cancer experts have moved tanning beds and other sources of ultraviolet radiation into the top cancer risk category, deeming them as deadly as arsenic and mustard gas....A new analysis of about 20 studies concludes the risk of skin cancer jumps by 75 percent when people start using tanning beds before age 30."

When I was a teen I would swim in my pool all day, and then hit the tanning salon in the evening. I would do this several days in a row as I was "building a base" for my tan. My goal was to be dark brown.

I achieved my results easily. Let's all be honest. I am going to die.

I'm off to start my bucket list...

Comments

Liz G. said…
Oh dear. I am guilty also and get anxious thinking about the damage I've done. Oh, what we do for vanity! I need to make an appointment to get my skin checked. . .
Aubrie said…
I am completely guilty of indulging in the addictive relaxation of tanning by the pool and in the quiet seclusion of the tanning death beds! I better get my list going too & a will while I'm at it!
Kristen said…
Just do skin checks...and you can catch it early:) What we do for vanity? I am planning on dying as well for I already have age spots on my face and I am only 28.
You are funny... although we are all guilty... me I hate being hot, and tanning beds were only used in high school before dances. The last time I went in one was when I went to Hawaii a year after I got married. But I was an indian every summer up til college because I played soccer everyday in the sun. Anyways, heres to skin cancer...
KEYSHA said…
Well, at least you were brown...isn't that all that really matters? (Why did we ever think that?) I'm guilty of the tanning bed; but not really too much. (I do remember lathering myself in baby oil at Lake Powell!) I am trying to make-up for it now by lathering my face in sunscreen everyday and wearing a fuddy-duddy Grandma hat to the pool....
Mandy said…
This is funny as I have blogged about the same thing. I didn't even read yours before either! I've got to amend mine to add the bucket list idea. Good one. Love you!
Anonymous said…
you guys can quit worrying.
the nukes will take us all out.

pop

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!