Katiebug: The Two-Wheeler!
Today was monumental! She did it!
She has been pretty stubborn about not having her training wheels on. I just asked excitedly if she wanted to try it and she did. She insisted that I hold on under the seat and on the handle bar. We started down the road and I could feel she was doing it. I let go and pretended to hold on. Then while running beside her I showed her both my hands and she started to scream, "AH! Mom, I am doing it! I'M DOING IT!" Her face was glowing and the smile was so bright.
After that she wouldn't let me help her at all because she knew how to ride all by herself. She was so excited to call her pa Nordfelt and prove him wrong! (He said she couldn't learn how to ride without training wheels-a motivational tool to get her to do it. It worked!)

She has been pretty stubborn about not having her training wheels on. I just asked excitedly if she wanted to try it and she did. She insisted that I hold on under the seat and on the handle bar. We started down the road and I could feel she was doing it. I let go and pretended to hold on. Then while running beside her I showed her both my hands and she started to scream, "AH! Mom, I am doing it! I'M DOING IT!" Her face was glowing and the smile was so bright.
After that she wouldn't let me help her at all because she knew how to ride all by herself. She was so excited to call her pa Nordfelt and prove him wrong! (He said she couldn't learn how to ride without training wheels-a motivational tool to get her to do it. It worked!)

Comments