24 My Way

1/27 UPDATE: Kye, Me, AND the baby got it Sunday to Monday! Glorious!

The past 24 hours I have been taking care of two sick kids. By taking care of them I mean cleaning up vomit that seemed to get on everything including Katelin and her bed, on the wall, down on the carpet and under the bed. We threw her in the bathtub, washed it out of her hair and proceeded to start the first load of laundry. She was feeling better and fell asleep on the couch. We were still cleaning up when she puked again all over the couch, herself and the rest of her blankets that she hadn't puked on her bed. After getting her out of her jammies and cleaning her up again she crawled into our bed and fell asleep. This time I got a bucket. Two seconds after I crawled into bed next to her she started throwing up in our bed and it never made it to the bucket. So, now we have more sheets and mattress covers to wash. Katelin throws up eight more times, every half hour through the night. at 4 AM Kye trades me places and I go onto the couch to get some sleep.
8 AM rolls around and Kanyon is awake and ready to play! KC proceeds to tell me that his tummy hurts as Katelin is on the couch telling me about the diarrhea that she had got in her underwear before Kye went to work. Thank you Kye for taking care of that one!
KC eats two bites of cereal and tells me his tummy is burning. Both kids are on the couch watching PBS kids while I am starting my eight loads of laundry. Kanyon is getting sick of being in the high chair when KC throws up and poops his pants at the same time. Good thing I placed the bowl right next to him and he didn't get a drop on the couch!
Between paying what is hopefully the rest of bills that are coming from KC's incident in November (By the way, did you know it costs around $236 to talk to a specialist at Primary Childrens for 15 minutes? Thank goodness for the Health Savings account!) and doing the laundry I am running KC into the bathroom so he can sit on the pot, holding a pot. Kanyon seems to be very good and not catching whatever these children have and is down for a nap. Katelin is starting to feel better, KC is asleep so I am able to finally shower. I get to lay down for 45 minutes. My dad comes down and brings the kids popsicles and takes me to Kneaders to get dinner when Kye gets home. Thanks for getting me out of the house dad! 6:00 PM there is still laundry in the dryer and dad goes home. We are ready to go to bed. I head to Costco to get Oxyclean with my coupon to try to get that vomit smell out of the carpet. I come home, KC is still puking and we finally get the baby down. Then Katelin is down. Kye reads Roots to KC while on the couch to help him fall asleep. It worked. Then Kye is asleep. It's 9:00 PM again. Soon, I will be asleep.

I am a woman, better yet a mother... hear me ROAR (Or snore because I am so tired!)

Comments

chelsea mckell said…
I'm exhausted just reading that.
karlin said…
what a nightmare. cleaning throw up is the worst. hopefully you don't get it.
Aubrie said…
That is exactly what we have been dealing with at our house too--and of course I just had the carpets cleaned last week--go figure!!
Elise and Dan said…
I heard the stomach bug that is going around is terrible! Sounds like it visited your house with a vengeance! Hope the next 24 hours is better!
Rochelle said…
Oh that's not fun at all! I'm so sorry! To clean your carpet from the puke smell go get "OUT" pet stain and odor remover.(walmart pet section) ITs the best thing ever and its not too much. It smells so good too...definitely helps the poop/puke/organic stain smells. I keep it on hand for kids...not my dog, how sad is that?
Kelly said…
That is horrible!! Hope you don't get it next! You are super woman!
Jill Bowcutt said…
Oh my gosh! I am no good at handling the throw up stuff. I would have sat down and just puked with them! I'm so sorry. I love the title of the post though. Don't you love being a mom!
The Jones Fam said…
Wow, I definitely don't envy your day! That made me tired just reading it! At least Kanyon, you, and Kye didn't get sick! I'm glad your kids are feeling better. You are a super mom!
nothing worse than throw up. except throw up AND diarrhea. you survivor!
Mandy said…
I will never forget the month of several nightly throw ups for Brendan. That was an AWFUL experience. I'm glad that it was only one day and done. Tell Kye to go and buy you a new necklace as a metal for your horrible day.
Mandy said…
PS, it's really hard to read on the red background. I had to highlight everything just to be able to see it. Maybe it's just me. Love you!
Heidi said…
Whoa, that's tiring. Sorry sis.
Liz G. said…
I hope you don't get sick! I remember the first time I had to clean up Stan's throw up. I thought it would be really gross, but when it's your own kid, somehow, it was easy to muscle right through it and clean it all up! However, the poop is another story. . .
Kaydee said…
Kelly! That is truly horrible. What a woman you are. I hope all you kids are feeling better and you and kye were able to avoid getting sick. It was fun to catch up on the holidays. Looks like a lot of fun. I miss you!
Anonymous said…
Kelly, I am sorry, but I was rolling on the floor laughing reading this post. You are so funny! I have been there more times than one. You are a survivor girl. I LOVE how you described this! I hope everyone in the household is doing better!
Joyce said…
Kelly, That was too funny! I loved it. What's more. I could relate. When a baby pukes though it gets in all the rungs of the crib. That's fun as well. Oh boy. Motherhood is not for sissys.
Joyce said…
Oh, PS
Kye came down with it on Sunday and Kelly on Monday. Wed, 28th Grandpa Neil came down with it. His fever was 101.9. Thanks!
Lacey said…
I can't believe it! That's right you are a mother and mothers can do just about anything. Hope your family is well. Miss Ya!
Marcae said…
I nominate you for "Mother of the Year" award. What a day. I can only imagine how drained you must have been. You go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!