HELLO Gorgeous!

I have been waiting for this moment for almost two years now.
I missed this last year and I cried. Several times.
Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I love all the colors and the smells and the sounds that the outdoors have to offer. There is nothing that makes me happier. There is nothing more glorious than to witness this time of year. Alright, enough of the passion...

Our friend gave us this fabulous idea: Go up to Sundance and ride the ski lift to see the beautiful fall colors. It is only $8 for adults. Kids 6 and under are free. You ride all the way to the top, walk around and enjoy the splendor, then you hop back on and ride down. It was marvelous. I recommend to all. Even our friends in AZ. Leave tomorrow and come see this. The saguaros will be there when you get back. (So will the 100+ temperature).

Here are some photos.
You gotta love the family pictures where most of us look retarded. Kye saves the photo.

There are smiles all around because this makes us so happy!!
Yes! We love to throw the leaves in the air and then stuff them in a bag. We bring them home so we can make crafts and decorations. Including picture frames. (My brother-in-law Jason would be so proud!)
Can you think of anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon? Look at this!!

Comments

Kelly said…
I would love to do that! Looks gorgeous. Thanks for the tip about Yankee Meadow. I love the "retarded" family photo! You guys are cute.
Anonymous said…
Yeah. Glad you got to enjoy the real thing this year. Funny that we found your blog a year ago already. That was the first post I read of yours was your package filled with love and leaves from your family in Utah. I knew with that you guys wouldn't last long and would be back soon enough. Glad you made it back to enjoy.
Elise and Dan said…
We are loving the fall too! Fall is my favorite season as well. I think that was the hardest part about living in AZ. No seasons! It looks gorgeous! We are going to Ut in a week, maybe we will have to try that out.
Buffy Dayton said…
Seriously, we drove up to Logan on Saturday, and it was soooo gorgeous in the canyon. I LOVE THE FALL!
:) said…
Please, stop rubbing it in. I despise Az weather and scenery. BLECH!! I am so jealous right now. *Going off to sulk.* Enjoy! :)
karlin said…
Love Sundance.It's so pretty right now and the little things is SO Avaree. She loves little things. I love watching and listening to her play with them.
Heidi said…
we'll have to try it
cute picture.
Mandy said…
That looks like a lot of fun. Maybe we'll have to do that. I love the fall too. Jas laughed when I told him about the picture frame. You should make one for him for Christmas... for old times sake! Love you!
Marcae said…
Yay! I am so glad you are back so you can enjoy the beauty of the fall. The leaves are absolutely beautiful!
KEYSHA said…
Love this time of year! Way to embrace the beauty and take a 'bad family picture.' (Impossible with your cute family, Kelly.)
Emily Smith said…
I am also extremely jealous! I can not look at any more Utah people blogs! Its 1000% & humid out here and our shades or yellow and orange are from burnt grass! Enjoy it! You have an adorable family that could not take a "retarded" picture!
Brianne & Jarod said…
This is the time of year that I miss UTAH the most! There is absolutely nothing better. What I would give to smell the Autumn air and feel the nice cool breeze. Sigh...
Becca said…
I promise I'm not too jealous. I'm just trying not to think about it.
Meilani said…
Looks gorgeous. I am glad you are taking advantage of enjoying fall. Anna's teacher at school taught the kids about fall and the leaves changing colors. All she could do was draw a picture for them. So I am having my mom send some leaves Anna can share with her class.
Kelly Nordfelt said…
sending leaves to people in the mail is the greatest package one can receive!
Smelsha said…
It does look beautiful. I miss the mountains! Thanks for sharing.
Terri said…
Yeaaaa, you are so back in your element. I have been wanting to do the sundance ride, now its probably to cold. Did you ever find the lost backpack in Costco? Cant wait for our trip. Who is driving again?
Lacey said…
I remember you going up the canyon in college and taking pictures. Thanks for the idea.
mph said…
I am so jealous!!!!! I miss the fall. Lucky you
Roland Erickson said…
Great pics--Kelly!!!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!