First Day of Kindergarten

KC was looking at the clock all morning and asking me, "Now how many more minutes until 12:30?"
He was so excited to go! He had to wait a week to start (1st-6th grade start week earlier) and was very patient until today.

"I love school. I am so excited! I can't wait!" is what I heard all morning (besides the time question).

Then on our way over, "Did you wash my face mom? I am so excited."

We walked in and Mrs. Headman was there to snap a photo. KC then walked in, found his locker, hung up his backpack and sat down in his assigned seat. He was ready to go!

I said goodbye and took Kanyon home.

It was weird to be home without him. I am a little sad, but more happy for him. I am just glad that I get to nap in the afternoon with Kanyon and not feel guilty about it!

Happy first day buddy!

AFTER SCHOOL UPDATE (of the boy who wanders): Somehow KC got away from the class and went wondering around the school looking for me. All the while I was waiting on the grass like everyday. I had to go in and find him. He was crying so hard and was so scared. He was upset walking all the way home. When we got home, he cried for another few minutes and then wanted me to hold him for awhile. He didn't want to talk about it, but he said he was still scared. Hopefully all will be well tomorrow!


Comments

Meilani said…
I loved all of the updates! Kanyon is the cutest boy ever! Whenever we talk about going up to the canyon by our house, JoJo think's we are going to Kanyon's house. :) They both like the same things Toy Story and Cars. Katelin is sooooo grown up. I don't like it. She needs to stay little. I am glad that you can have a nap on a regular basis the last month of your pregnancy. Nice.
Love you guys!
GiGi said…
KC comment about washing his face has to be the cutest comment ever.
CD Black said…
Two kids in school?! What a relief and sadness at the same time. I was just checking to see if Keaton had arrived yet. A Halloween baby, perhaps? MIss you friend...

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!