I Lost KC for 2 Hours
Today we went to Seven Peaks water park. Me and my three kids. We were in the wave pool together. After an hour and a half, I told the kids we were going home after the waves were done. Kanyon and I went on our towel and then we went to take the tube back. I went to herd the other two kids and I could only find Katelin.
This was 12:30.
So Katelin stayed in the pool while I took Kanyon in the stroller and looked out over the wave pool to try to find him. I couldn't.
I walk around to the other side of the wave pool hoping I could see better from that side. I couldn't.
So then I start getting nervous because my little hungry boy was missing. So Kanyon and I go back to our towels.
I wait for a few minutes.
he doesn't come.
So I get Katelin out of the pool and we start looking all over. There are a million kids that look like KC. People keep coming in.
It is making me sick.
45 minutes later, I go and tell the appropriate people that my kids is lost. "No big deal, kids get lost all the time, we always find them". ( I know I should have told them sooner, but I just didn't believe he was lost. I don't loose my kids).
That doesn't make me feel better. I know my kid. He isn't on a ride, he is hiding somewhere, crying-or looking for me.
I see a friend. She wants me to talk to her husband who just got back from Afghanistan. "I would, but I lost KC and I need to find him." Husband comes up to me and tells me he's going help find him. So nice. I cried.
An hour later I finally call Kye from the 7 peaks office. I didn't bring my cell phone. I try to keep it together. Luckily he works .5 miles from the place and rushes over. The girl at the desk gave me her cell phone so I could communicate with Kye. I cried. I was so grateful.
We start all looking. I check back with the peeps that write down lost kids. They page everyone again. I see people with walkie-talkies walking and looking around. I was hoping they were looking for my kid.
The lady at the desk tells me that there is no way he could have got outside. I told her I didn't report him missing for 45 minutes.
1.5 hours later. No KC. I think I've said a hundred prayers. I've circled around the place 100 times, and there are 300 more people there then there were an hour ago. They all look like KC. I decide to lay out all my towels and see if KC will see them.
He doesn't come. I just stop in the shade and stare at the crowd. I feel so helpless. My other two kids are hungry, tired. Katelin starts telling me, "Maybe a stranger took him." I tell her they didn't, but I think it myself. KC is an easy target. Very submissive and quiet.
2 hours later, Katelin is hot and asks to go in the wave pool. I tell her to look around for KC. I see her looking. Kanyon is good because he got a snowie and is busy eating it.
2:30, the cell phone someone gave me rang. It's Kyes number, but I missed the call. I call him back, he doesn't answer, I look up and he is running to me.
He found KC in the van and he needed the keys because he was locked in.
My thoughts were, "I locked the door, how did he get in? I have his shoes, his feet are burned. Why on earth would he get in the car? I am so glad I called Kye. He found our boy."
Katelin is in the middle of the pool. I lock Kanyon up in the stroller and run in the water to get her. We get out as Kye brought KC into the pool to cool off.
I wasn't mad anymore, I was so scared. I was mad the first 10 minutes, but after two hours, I just wanted him back.
KC says, "I thought you left me, so I came out to find you in the car."
He wasn't crying. He seemed OK. He just asked if he could play his DS when he got home.
We tell people he is back. I told him he was locked in my van. They are relieved and kind of taken back by what I said.
We went home.
--Later when we were home, I talked to him and he told me that he thought I left. He went out into the parking lot, said a prayer to find me. He looked at all the wheels on the cars to find our van (he was bare footed on black top in 93 degree weather). He opened the side door (this door doesn't lock unless you push it down. Thankfully, I forgot to push it down this time) and the alarm went off. So he went and pushed the lock button to get it to stop. When he did that, it locked the car from the outside and inside and you can't get in our out without a key.
Lamest feature...ever!
He said, he laid down some of the time and pretended to drive some of the time, waiting for me to come to the van. He said it was hot. Kye found him in the drivers seat.
This was seriously the scariest two hours of my life.
I still can't believe it happened.
Now he is asleep in his bed and I can't sleep because I lost my boy for two hours.
Comments
"shake it off girl."
Love ya!
Take care of yourself and let me know if there's anything we can do for you.