Summer Wrap-Up

With summer coming to close I thought I would post some pictures and update all on what's been going on.
Ms. Kate has had an eventful summer. Who knew a young 6-year-old could be so emotional?! She has spent her time playing, reading, swimming, camping, traveling, and riding bikes. She has recently expressed her ardent desire to kiss a boy. (yes, she really told us this after she saw Kye give me a little peck-a-roo). She is now enrolled in an all girl school and will be locked up for the rest of her life.

She can't wait for school to start. When asked what she was most excited for she said, "To wear my new cute clothes!" (Gigi Nordfelt has recently taken her shopping). This comment lead me to her closet where I counted her pink shirts. I am not going to tell how many, but it was a ridiculous number. After this discovery, we immediately cleaned out the closets and drawers to eliminate clothes she doesn't wear and are donating them to my mom's garage sell this weekend.

KC has made several new strides this summer. Did you know that after you hit the tee-ball you lolly gag to third base while whistling and swinging your helmet? Well, he does. Tee-ball isn't for everyone. He has excelled in swimming lessons, however! He surprised all with his seal dives and underwater swimming skills. (Thanks pa)!

My favorite is how he crosses his legs so dainty while wearing his Spiderman costume and gets beat up by his baby brother (Take note from the pictures above).

Although he may not be Mr. tough, he is Mr. Tenderhearted and is always accommodating to his sisters every wish and plays so well with Kanyon. He will be a great husband and father as he takes after his own daddy.


Kanyon is turning into the ferocious and most vivacious child yet. His personality shows through his eyes and I just know he is going to be trouble. He is walking so well now and thinks he is 4-year-old. He loves to play with weapons and will get you with a sword if you are not careful...teeth clenched and all. Another favorite is holding the hose and getting himself and others soaked.
He best trait is his humor. He knows how to make us all laugh and he knows it! My favorite is when he rubs his belly and makes silly faces when just in a diaper-or when he starts singing during family prayer.
What a great thing it is to be a mother.

Comments

Anonymous said…
great posting.
great family
great pics.

pa
Buffy Dayton said…
Those are cute little scrapbook pages. I need to learn how to be more creative with my blog. I can't believe summer is almost over. BOO HOO!! Sunday will be fun though.
Liz G. said…
sounds like a wonderful summer. we miss you guys. Jack asked me on Friday when we can go to KC's house. Maybe next time we can take a 14 hour drive!
Mandy said…
Cute pictures! The picture of the crossed legged KC made me laugh. He is such a funny kid.
KEYSHA said…
I am laughing! What cute (and hilarious kids!) I would enroll Katelin in that girls school ASAP. She's too pretty to be let out on the loose. KC cracks me up (always has, always will). And that little Kanyon is so stink'n cute! (I love how he walks!)

Thanks for the summer update. Okay, I will update mine. I have some 1K + pictures that need a home (and a funny description to go with them). I will start working on that right after I take my nap;)
The Jones Fam said…
Cute pictures! I love Caitlin's hair. Reading about her makes me think that Jaylee will be the exact same way, so girly! You have such a cute family, I wish we could hang out more often.

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

Easter Bunny Poll