Snake River Trip, Baby!

On the weekend of July 12th, Kye and I went with his work for the annual Snake River Trip. We ran the river four times and boy was it awesome! Cold, but awesome. Did I mention that the water was freezing cold? Anyway, we are looking forward to next year! Here are some pictures taken by a guy in Kye's office. And if you look close enough, I am the one wearing the retro purple water jacket on the raft. Hey, it kept me warm and whoever said you have to be in fashion while running the river was lying...


Comments

Anonymous said…
So Jealous. I love the snake. My family goes down in the rubber two man kayaks every year, but I don't think I've gone with them on the river since I had Kenlie because I never had anyone to watch my kiddo's while I went. One day huh? Glad to see you are remembering what it's like to get to be you and not attached permanently to a child. When are you going to New York? Are you in Palm Springs too. You little traveling woman you. Good for you!
Aubrie said…
That looks like so much fun..I have wanted to do that forever, now I just have to convince matt to take me!!
CD Black said…
I am super jealous. I've been trying to get Dan to take me for the last 4 years. I think he is chicken! It was awesome to see you for lunch. I finally made it home (I was in the airport for quite a while).
Emily Smith said…
So cool! Good for you! I think I'm too big of a scaredy for that... not to mention a complete wimp in the cold... note that I moved to Florida. I don't swim unless the water is above 90, and preferably above 95!
I think you need to plan a Florida vacation!!
Kelly Nordfelt said…
No, only Kye went to Palm Springs and Emily, I would LOVE to come to Florida!
Rochelle said…
That's my home region!!! I used to go on the Snake, but I'm far too Arizonaized now.
Heidi said…
Kye's hat kills me. Why doesn't he ever wear baseball caps? There's nothing wrong with his hat but notice that the only other guy wearing a hat like that is the old guy. ha!
KEYSHA said…
Looks awesome! I have some great memories of floating the Snake. Glad you guys had a wonderful time!

I like Kye's hat. It defines his 'seriousness.' Chad always wears hats like that to do yard work--I'm sure our neighbors think he's a fuddy duddy. (I'd like to think he's just being sun-conscious, right?)
Buffy Dayton said…
Kelly you are sooooo awesome. I am feeling bad that I posted that, cause then you thought you were a horrible friend, when I had no idea you were having such a hard time after having the baby. I think you are a great friend. Thanks so much for the awesome cookies. I think I do need more....KIDDING, don't you dare make anymore, but I do want the recipe. Thanks for remembering me, I am feeling better already!
Kelly Nordfelt said…
About Kye's hat:

It could be tied under his chin so it wouldn't fly off when we hit rough water. I like him in those hats. I think he looks SEXY!
awesome kell. so happy for your fun adventures, the river and NYC. You completely deserve it!
karlin said…
Wow! Good pics. That looks a little scary to me.
Anonymous said…
Hey by the way, where did you get your gorgeous swimming suit!???
mph said…
What a cool job that they do things like that!! Looks like a lot of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

4-11-2008

The Price Is Right 10/25/1999

It's Elvis Baby!